There are numerous reasons why people may consider a tedious job like packing up their lives and moving cross country to a different state. Some of these reasons could be a job transfer, or a more financially viable job offer, health issues, family issues etc., etc, but why would anyone consider moving from a truly cosmopolitan city like Seattle to a beach resort style city like Virginia Beach?
Well, here are some of the reasons why you might find Virginia Beach a better option for living than Seattle. Even though it is on record that Seattle receives much less rain than New York City, yet for some reason it seems like that the actual statistics are quite the opposite. Whether you agree with the official record or not is entirely up to you, but this fact is also to be considered that the Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D) is a very common occurrence among Seattle Residents. Therefore it is only natural that people might want to give up the gray skies and lush green environs of Seattle for the sunny skies and endless beaches of Virginia Beach.
Now not all is bad about Seattle. In fact in actuality Seattle was christened “The Emerald City”-it is considered to be one of the most livable cities in the USA. Surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountain ranges across the country, like the Olympic range, Cascade range and it’s peaks, and of course who can ignore Mt. Rainier and St. Helena etc. It is also a great place to live if you are into outdoor activities, and maybe that is why people of Seattle are generally more environmentally conscious than most American people.
However, this too can be a big problem for people who suffer from allergies of all kinds, especially pollen. Seattle is literally colored GREEN, due to the abundance of greenery all over the city. Normally it doesn’t affect people so much since the constant rain keeps the pollen count down, but during Seattle’s rare sunny days, the pollen count reaches sky high and you end up with an allergy. Housing too in Seattle has become very expensive; in fact the overall cost of living has gone up recently. The overall cost of living in Seattle is 24% higher than the national average. Not to mention that the state of traffic in Seattle could drive anyone insane.
Moving from Seattle to Virginia Beach is bound to be a pleasant change. After the constant overcast weather of Seattle, you can’t get enough of the warm and radiating sunshine in Virginia. This alone may make up for the long cross country move of leaving Seattle for Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as having the longest pleasure beach in the world. It is also the largest city in Virginia, with a population of approximately 425,000 and an area of 497.3 square miles. It has some of the best libraries and lots of social and cultural activities to keep your calendar brimming. The weather of course is mild, not too hot or too cold and unlike in Seattle, in Virginia Beach you are bound to wake up to a beautiful, bright and sunny morning each day.
Moving from Seattle to Virginia Beach is the quintessential interstate move you have heard chilling stories about. Therefore, moving with the help of professional movers is highly recommended. The traffic in and around both these cities is horrendous and a professional mover would be much more experienced at handling such snags than somebody with less experience. If you are worried about the cost of it, then remember that making an interstate move a DIY project could turn out to be more costly and troublesome than you had expected.
Another thing to remember when moving to Virginia Beach is that housing here too is just as costly, even though apartment or condos could be cheaper. Virginia Beach is among the Top 10 cities to live in across USA.Read More...
Make Your Interstate Move Hassle Free
Moving to a new state, new city, and a new house definitely brings lot of cheers and excitement. But, if not handled carefully, it can make your move stressful and difficult. A proper planning in advance, some order and effort is all that is required for making your move fun filled and effortless.
The following interstate moving checklist will cover all important aspects and will ensure you a hassle free move:
• You should start combing all your possessions and decide on the items that you want to carry with you. You can make a separate pile of items that you intend to sell or donate. If you have plans to hold a lawn or garage sale, you should not delay it until the last moment. Holding it few days prior to your planned move will be a great idea.
• If you have plans to hire an interstate mover, you should book early to ensure their availability on the due date. You should choose a reputable company that has excellent track record of customer service and can offer services within your budget. There are many websites that offer free moving quotes from several companies.You can use these companies to get a best deal from a reputable moving company.
• You should also decide whether you are interested in simple “door to door” moving or want a use the services of professional interstate movers in services such as proper packing, loading, unloading, etc.
Interstate Moving Does Not Have To Be So Hard
• If you want to pack the belongings yourself, you should arrange the packing material, pens, boxes, labels, packing tapes, and bubble wraps. If you want to use the services of interstate movers for packing, then you must ensure that they take care of all these things.
• You should check every box to ensure that it has been properly wrapped and covered using heavy duty tape, marked, and labeled before loading. You should prepare a master list, and update it with the contents of every box.
• Decide on the school for your kids in your new neighborhood at the earliest. You can seek guidance from the teachers in your present school or seek reference from parents in your new neighborhood.
• Update your new address with your friends and relatives.This is one of the most important point in the interstate moving checklist.
• Settle all outstanding tax arrears or utility charges such as gas, telephone, water, electricity, etc. Arrange disconnection of utilities and get in touch with new provider for the transfer of your existing connection. If you are using house services, then you should also inform them about your move and check if they will work at your new place.
• You should also settle all your issues concerning bank, which if neglected can lead to unnecessary correspondence, branch visits, telephone calls, and rigmarole of letters.
• You should also update your electoral role. You should also check the contents insurance for ensuring protection against damages during your move. If you have hired a long distance mover, you should inquire from them whether they are offering any insurance and to what extent.
Once you follow the above mentioned interstate moving checklist, your move will no longer worrisome, and you will enjoy every bit of it.Read More...
A move from Las Vegas, NV to Washington DC is definitely worth your while if you really want to get the most out of your buck. Las Vegas, with over 580,000 people, is seeing a rising crime rate especially with the imbalance between the economy of the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown Las Vegas. The rest of Nevada is not as attractive as Sin City and getting a job won’t be easy. Washington DC however is a very appealing place to move to. Being an independent area since it is not part of any state it is a unique place, politically-speaking, to reside in. Washington, named after the first US President, is home to some of the most important political sites in the nation.
Interstate Moving From Las Vegas, NV to Washington, DC
When you move to Washington you will be able to get a glimpse of the White House. This has been the home of every US President ever since the residency of John Adams. You will also find the Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial. It is definitely a place go to if you are looking for a good source of income. It has the second lowest rate when it comes to unemployment, sitting at around 6.2%.
The move from Las Vegas, Nevada to Washington DC is also going to be a really fun trip, especially if you have kids. Moving long distance may be a bit of a hassle but it can be fun if you take the time to stop and enjoy yourself. Passing through Texas you can visit several water parks and the Warner Brothers Six Flags of Great America theme park. Florida is south of Washington DC so you can also make a stop to visit Disney World at Orlando. There are several military bases from Abilene to Jacksonville. Once you get to Washington there are other military bases and historic sites or museums that you can visit.
Unfortunately, however, getting your stuff from Point A to Point B is not going to be easy without help. If you go by plane you’ll have to pay a lot of money for the extra weight. If you go by car you’ll be limited to what you can carry on the interstate move. Interstate moving will more or less leave you with nothing but your clothes and some valuables.
Professional full service moving companies can solve this problem. You can rely on their aid to handle all the hassle of moving across country. All your stuff, such as your furniture and appliances, would be hauled via truck or plane and brought to your next destination. Why sell your items on a garage sale when you can hire a speedy but reliable mover to get all your stuff safe and sound to your new home? You can always track your stuff at any given time and you are guaranteed that you can get a refund or replacement for lost or damaged goods. The best part is that you do not need to be in a hurry. If your items get there before you do just have the movers place them in secure storage. The move from Las Vegas, NV to Washington DC doesn’t need to be a hassle with the right help and guidance.Read More...